It doesn’t grab headlines like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but LinkedIn has established itself as ‘the’ social network for business professionals. Just take a look at the stats: two new members every second, half a billion users worldwide, 90 million senior level influencers – the platform is big, and getting bigger. The Numbers
- 660 million users
- 10+ million Australian users
- 30+ million company pages
- 90 million senior levels influencers
What works on LinkedIn?
- Two new members join LinkedIn every second
- LinkedIn is responsible for 80% of B2B leads from social media
- 46 percent of social media traffic coming to your company site is from LinkedIn.
- 94 percent of B2B marketersuse LinkedIn to distribute content.
Two thirds of users describe themselves as “news junkies” so when it comes to making an impact on LinkedIn native content is king.
Typically, LinkedIn favours native content over external links because it doesn’t require users to leave the platform.
It’s also a good way to reach decision makers who have their defenses up because so many people are aggressively trying to sell to them.
Using content to ‘pre-suade’ potential customers can help your business stand out from competitors – especially those stuck on direct messaging. Some tips for great content include:
- Writing tightly written pieces.
- Creating compelling videos.
- Covering industry relevant topics.
- Posting regularly.
- Commenting back (the more engagement your post has, the more visibility it gets on LinkedIn).
If you can’t generate native content than consider linking to thoughtful pieces relevant to people in your industry – but don’t overdo it, a bi-weekly link should be enough.
And don’t forget the photo - LinkedIn figures show
that posts with an image included get 98 percent more comments. Will this platform work for me?
Yes, no matter the business you are in LinkedIn can help you grow.
Let's Get Started
ClickedOn are always here to help if you have any questions around digital marketing.
Call us on (02) 8386 7500
Email us at email@example.com
Fill in our client questionnaire
to see how we can assist you achieve your business goals.